Vacancy: Head of E-commerce
You will be joining a prominent strategic and creative brand consultancy. For over 30 years we’ve stood shoulder to shoulder with our clients – building their brands and reputations, changing their markets, and transforming their fortunes with proven, research-led models.
Acknowledging the essential part digital plays in any brand’s potential growth strategy has led us to invest significantly in growing Propaganda’s digital capabilities. No longer can an agency do Brand or Digital, the two are one and the same.
Utilising Propaganda’s insights led Brand Discovery™ approach, the digital team is here to offer consultancy, guidance and strategy to grow brands.
About the role
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for an experienced e-commerce and digital marketing specialist to join a rapidly growing and successful team in a pivotal role. Reporting to the Digital Director, this role has two core functions within the agency. Firstly, you will be responsible for the day-to-day e-commerce trading for a selection of clients and secondly, you will be responsible for contributing to our insights-led Brand Discovery planning process.
About the person
- You’ll be strategically-minded and passionate about brand marketing with a keen eye for digital content and awareness of emerging trends
- Exceptionally well organised with a gift for time management
- You will be confident and authoritative. You should impart your recommendations with experience and gravitas
- Inquisitive and intuitive, you should be able to take a step back from the channel specific detail to consider the bigger picture
- Tenacious and tactful, you’ll need to police your colleagues to ensure activities remain on time and on budget
- Accountability for the strategic e-commerce plan for clients, both the digital growth roadmap and day to day trading
- Co-ordinating cross channel campaigns with the relevant in-house teams and external agencies
- Managing internal & external resource to ensure day to management of the websites are maintained, including:
- Banner & content changes
- Visual merchandising
- Product & offer setup and optimisation
- P&L authorship for & Commercial awareness of client’s e-commerce channel
- Proactively spotting digital opportunities and producing strategic recommendations
- Analytical interpretation of Google Analytics to help shape strategy
- Production & circulation of Daily Trading reports and monthly performance reports
- Consulting on Brand Discoveryä audits for existing and potential clients
- You will have 5+ years’ experience in the digital sector with at least 2 of that in an e-commerce role.
- Strong working knowledge of the core digital marketing channels: e-mail marketing, paid search, display advertising, social media & affiliate marketing
- Experience of website design and build processes in the context of open source platforms such as Shopify & WordPress
- Experience with social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and X within a business context
- Excellent writing and language skills – you’ll be articulate and able to adapt your message to get the required result
- You should be numerate and comfortable with data manipulation to produce reports and insights using Microsoft Excel
- Able to forward-plan and prioritise your workload based on business requirements
- Great communication and people skills, very comfortable presenting and an ability to convince and excite the client.
- Proactive and adept as using your own initiative to solve problems.
Please send your cv along with a short covering letter to email@example.com.